Martin French Bio Page
Martin French Bio
Coach Martin, entering his 5th season with VBVBA, is a CAP I/IMPACT certified coach with 20 years playing and coaching experience. Martin has played an instrumental role in the success of Beach Elite's grassroots program. As a member of the Virginia Beach Volleyball Academy and Beach Elite coaching staff, he has mentored amazing young athletes to:
- Consistently exceed expectations
- Qualify for and compete at the Junior Olympic Nationals Championships
- Receive invitations to USA Volleyball High Performance Junior National Team Training Programs
- Consistently excel at every major and minor regional tournament, including Old Dominion Region bids and championships.
- Work harder/smarter to make their middle school and/or high school teams (over 90% of his athletes succeed).
- Respect and love the game (95% of all his former athletes (since 2008) remain fierce volleyball competitors).
In addition to coaching club volleyball, he serves as a volunteer for 2 Virginia Beach recreational teams.
Martin has been in Education for over 25 years.
- Served 20-years flying Navy F-14 aircraft.
- Served as the Naval Science Professor at Old Dominion University for three years, where he taught courses in Ethics and Leadership to freshmen and seniors and Navy Systems courses to sophomores and juniors.
- Served as the lead Air Command and Control instructor at the Navy’s Tactical Training School in San Diego for three years, where he taught command and control tactics and doctrine to mid-level and senior military officers
- He has a Master of Business Administration.
- He currently serves as a Senior Test and Evaluation Analyst for Navy and Marine Corp Aircrew Oxygen Masks in Norfolk VA.